A face mask is an excellent way to purify and cleanse your face. In addition, you do not need to empty your bank account to get these beauty products: you can make your homemade face masks!
As an added benefit, they usually contain no unpronounceable ingredients. Natural face masks for mini prices? Yes, please!
We’ve gathered five homemade face masks to help you get rid of acne, moisturize your dry skin, detoxify and purify your face, and restore your face’s radiance.
1. Homemade Acne Mask
Tea tree oil from an Australian shrub works effectively as a natural antibacterial. From experience, it works against acne! Health food and supplement stores carry little bottles of this oil.
Acne face mask recipe
- Mix in a small bowl:
- Tea tree oil in 3 drops
- 15ml plain yogurt, 1 cup
- 1 C. (15 ml) honey
- Use thick layers of cream on the face, concentrating on problem areas.
- Wait about 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse well with lukewarm water.
- Results should appear in just a few weeks after using this mask 2-3 times a week!
You can also use it to reduce acne on other body parts, including the back. One might increase the dose to five drops of tea tree oil for this use.
2. A clay mask and a coffee mask for decongestant properties
Masks like these are ideal for puffy faces, whether caused by fatigue, a cold, a drunken evening, or watching a tough movie.
Health food stores and online retailers sell powdered clay at a very low price. Additionally, you can use it in a mask to balance oily skin.
Decongestant face mask recipe
- Mix in a small bowl:
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) powdered clay
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) ground coffee
- 2 to 3 tbsp. A few drops of apple cider vinegar (30 to 45 ml)
- If your mask is thick, it should resemble mud.
- After applying the mask to your face, leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the mask is dry and the skin is pulled.
- Apply a moisturizing lotion after thoroughly rinsing not to dry out the skin.
3. Homemade mask for irritated and dry skin
This soothing and hydrating mask is excellent for people with dry, easily irritated, and eczema-prone skin.
Skin-soothing mask recipe for dry or irritated skin
- Grinder one cup (60ml) of rolled oats until they become a powder in a food processor or mini-chopper.
- Then mash a ripe banana.
- Put these two ingredients in a bowl and add a teaspoon. (5 ml) honey.
- It should apply face cream for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Mask to remove dull skin on the face made at home
Need a healthy complexion? This face mask is perfect! The antioxidants in turmeric play a key role in its health benefits. It is no wonder that it has been used in India for beautiful skin and reduced dark circles for millennia! Yogurt contains lactic acid, which aids in exfoliation and smoothening.
Turmeric is a natural dye, so even though the mask shouldn’t stain the skin, you should prevent it from getting onto clothing, towels, etc.
4. Mask recipe to exfoliate dull skin
- Mix in a bowl:
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) plain yogurt
- One cup, one / two teaspoons (5 mL) of rice flour or cornstarch (to create a dough-like texture).
- One / two tsp. of turmeric (spice) (25ml)
- 1 to 2 tbsp. (15 to 30 ml) water
- First, add 1 tbsp. You should only use the second if the mixture is too thick.
- Face-saving tip: avoid the eye area when applying a thin layer of cream to the face.
- For best results, leave on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse.
5. Homemade blackhead mask
This recipe can use peel-off masks to eliminate blackheads and reduce facial pores.
You must apply a thick enough layer on the face to remove the mask easily.
After a hot shower, it is also advisable to apply this mask. It will open the pores of your face more effectively.
Homemade anti-blackhead mask recipe
- Make stiff peaks out of egg whites by beating them until stiff. We reserve.
- Mix 1 tbsp. 2 tbsp. of gelatin powder (found at grocery stores) in 15 mL. (30ml) milk. In the microwave, melt the gelatin by heating it for 20 seconds at a time and stirring each time until it is dissolved.
- Let the gelatin cool.
- Mix the egg white in with the mix.
- Put the mask on your face.
- After the mask is completely dry, wait between 20 and 30 minutes.
- Starting with the chin, we slowly remove the masks one by one.
- Rinse the skin with warm water.