A campfire recipe for soy-lemon chicken drumsticks
You can enjoy these delicious chicken drumsticks on your first night of camping. Paper towels are a must because you’ll be licking your fingers that well!
Cooking: 20 mins
- Drumsticks made from chicken weighing 2 lbs (about 10-12 drumsticks)
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups sesame oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1 / 2 tsp. five-spice tea (optional) 1 oz gin, if you have it
- Lemon wedges
Preparation At home
All ingredients should be combined in a resealable bag and frozen immediately.
- Thaw the drumsticks in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat the barbecue for 10 minutes or light a campfire at least an hour before cooking.
- Place the drumsticks directly on the barbecue grill after removing them from the marinade. Sear them evenly on all sides, then move them to an indirect area for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.